[Pharmwaste] Cook County proposed EPR ordinance for pharmaceuticals - Request for support

Tiffany Ingram chappellingram at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:35:54 EDT 2016

*The Cook County proposed EPR ordinance has been postponed until April
12th.  The opponents to the proposed ordinance have been flooding the Cook
County Commissioners with phone calls about how prescription drug cost will
skyrocket if such an ordinance were to pass.  There is still time to add
your organization's name to the sign-on letter.  Attached please find a
revised sign-on letter.  I have included a chart in this e-mail that
provides the contact information for all of the Cook County Commissioners
as well as the Cook County Board President. *

*If you care to contact Cook County Commissioners directly please contact
the following key Commissioners who we are working hard to support the
proposed ordinance:  *Moore, Murphy, Morrison, Schneider, Butler, Sims,
Fritchey, and Tobolski.

*Current Sponsors of Item 16-1983:*

*Name*

*Party*

*Phone (Main; District)*

*Email*

Larry Suffredin

Democrat

(312) 603-6383

Larry.suffredin at cookcountyil.gov

John P. Daley

Democrat

(312) 603-4400

John.Daley at cookcountyil.gov

Luis Arroyo Jr.

Democrat

(312) 603-6386; (773) 417-4454

Luis.arroyojr at cookcountyil.gov

Richard R. Boykin

Democrat

(312) 603-4566

Richard.boykin at cookcountyil.gov

Bridget Gainer

Democrat

(312) 603-4210; (773) 561-1010

office at bridgetgainer.com

Peter N. Silvestri

Republican

(312) 603-4393; (773) 444-0346

Cookcty9 at aol.com

*Not Yet Sponsors of Item 16-1983:*

*Name*

*Party*

*Phone (Main; District)*

*Email*

Toni Preckwinkle, Board President

Democrat

(312) 603-6400

No email provided

Robert Steele

Democrat

(312) 603-3019; (773) 722-0140

Robert.steele at cookcountyil.gov

Jerry Butler

Democrat

(312) 603-6391

Jerry.Butler at cookcountyil.gov

Stanely Moore

Democrat

(312) 603-2065; (773) 783-2412

stanley at commissionermoore.com

Deborah Sims

Democrat

(312) 603-6381; (708) 371-4251

Deborah.Sims at cookcountyil.gov

Joahn Patricia Murphy

Democrat

(312) 603-4216; (708) 389-2125

Joan.Murphy at cookcountyil.gov

Jesus “Chuy” Garcia

Democrat

(312) 603-5443; (773) 376-2700

Jesus.garcia at cookcountyil.gov

John Fritchey

Democrat

(312) 603-6380

commish at fritchey.com

Gregg Goslin

Republican

(312) 603-4932; (847) 729-2279

Commissioner.goslin at cookcountyil.gov

Tim Schneider

Republican

(312) 603-6500; (847) 640-1632

Tim.schneider at cookcountyil.gov

Sean M. Morrison

Republican

(312) 603-4215; (708) 349-1336

Sean.morrison at cookcountyil.gov

Jeff Tobolski

Democrat

(312) 603-6384; (708) 352-2301

No email (form for submitting messages on www.commissionertobolski.com)

 Item 16-1983: “An Ordinance Governing the Safe Disposal of
Pharmaceuticals” – Introduced March 2, 2016