[Pharmwaste] Rx-Waste Liquid

Yellow Jug Old Drugs Account Support info at greatlakescleanwater.org
Thu Mar 31 10:07:43 EDT 2016

From: chrisangel at greatlakes-us-cleanwater.org

To: pharmwaste at lists.dep.state.fl.us

To All, The reason most Rx-Waste collection programs do not collect

liquids is because collection of liquid waste of any type is has much

stricter regulations State and Federal in regards to collection,

shipping via common carrier, freight shipping and destruction.

Collection of liquid Rx-Waste should be included collection programs

and encouraged as liquid waste is a large percentage of the potential

Rx-waste stream.

The Yellow Jug Old Drugs Program does collect liquid Rx-Waste. The

liquid is absorbed by the gel we use in our jugs turning the liquid

waste into a non-lquid gel safe for collection and transporting as a

solid waste.

The gel also dissolves pills making the pills non-retrievable which is

an important consideration when collecting controlled substances.

Rendering collected controlled substances non -retrievable provides an

additional layer of security for the pharmacy, the public, the

transporters and destruction facilities

Chris Angel, President www.GreatLakes-US-CleanWater.org

www.YellowJugOldDrugsProgram.com

Please Note - Over the next few month you may see dual e-mail addresses coming from us as we transition to a new e-mail provider. We are also adding additional e-mail accounts to better serve you. Full transition to the new accounts will take place by May 30
2016.

Please add these New E-mail Addresses in your conacts to ensure you receive e-mails from  us

AdminSupport at GreatLakes-US-CleanWater.org

Accountiing at GreatLakes-US-CleanWater.org

ChrisAngel at GreatLake-US-CleanWater.org

Account Support

www.GreatLakesCleanWater.org /www.USCleanWater.org         www.GreatLakes-US-Cleanwater.org

989.736.8179

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Lakes-Clean-Water-Organization/250252498393081