[Pharmwaste] Testing Wastewater for illegal drugs

Gilliam, Allen GILLIAM at adeq.state.ar.us
Wed May 18 10:37:24 EDT 2016

Tim,

In this state, it would be very spotty at best, but think Fort Smith has several times.

Nationally, I believe there have been numerous cities who have tested for illegal drugs and/or their by-products, some to actually help law enforcement pinpoint meth labs.  I've copied the national pharmwaste listserve to see if any of these experts could give you some concrete examples.

Why do you ask?

Allen Gilliam
ADEQ State Pretreatment Coordinator
501.682.0625