[Pharmwaste] Federal Take-Back Bill Introduced

Ed Gottlieb EGottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Thu Apr 12 09:15:46 EDT 2018

Senators Ernst, Grassley, & Blumenthal introduce bipartisan bill to increase take-back.

The AIDD Act would address the cost of participation by creating a demonstration program allowing five states to apply for grant funding from the Department of Justice. The selected states would then issue a report detailing how the grant funding was administered, which entities received funding, and how it impacted participation rates – providing additional insight into how best to improve the program and increase participation nationwide.

I will write to these senators, suggesting that EPR is a better option.  I urge you to do likewise.

Story:

https://kiow.com/2018/04/12/ernst-grassley-blumenthal-introduce-bipartisan-bill-to-combat-prescription-drug-abuse/

Bill:

https://www.ernst.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/85c7684e-1ae4-48a0-b11d-2441d7406417/2CB8615F36ACA517741D3BC09B2C5FFF.oll18255.pdf

Ed Gottlieb
Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal
Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator
Ithaca Area Wastewater Treatment Facility
525 3rd Street
Ithaca, NY  14850
(607) 273-8381<tel:(607)%20273-8381>
fax: (607) 273-8433<tel:(607)%20273-8433>