[Pharmwaste] NYS Drug Take Back Act passed the Senate and Assembly today

Perrigan, Glen Glen.Perrigan at dep.state.fl.us
Thu Jun 21 12:53:24 EDT 2018

Hi All,

New York's "Drug Take Back Act<http://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default_fld=&leg_video=&bn=S09100&term=2017&Summary=Y&Actions=Y>" passed the Senate and Assembly unanimously today, the final day of the 2018 Legislative Session. This Act follows the EPR approach in establishing a state-wide drug take-back program paid for by drug manufacturers, requiring chain pharmacies to provide consumers with convenient and free drug disposal. It marks a huge win for drug stewardship and highlights what can be achieved by the hard work of a dedicated coalition. Thanks to the Citizens Campaign for the Environment, the NY Product Stewardship Council, and many others that joined PSI in helping pass a strong piece of legislation.

We have every reason to believe that Governor Cuomo to sign the Act, and we will let you know when he does.

Best,
Vivian
Vivian Fuhrman, Ph.D.
Sr. Associate for Policy and Programs
Product Stewardship Institute, Inc.
29 Stanhope St., 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02116
P: (617) 236-4771 F: (617) 236-4766
www.productstewardship.us<http://www.productstewardship.us/>
vivian at productstewardship.us<mailto:vivian at productstewardship.us>
The Product Stewardship Institute, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.