shrug-l: Messages using MIME encoding

Pence, Patrick PenceP@talgov.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 15:48:42 -0400

Everyone-

It has been brought to my attention that some of you are experiencing
difficulties getting messages via SHRUG-L that are MIME encoded (i.e.
containing HTML-type documents, graphics, attachments, etc.)  After
researching the problem from within MailMan, it seems that this problem is
only affecting those of you who receive a DIGEST version of SHRUG-L.  When I
looked at the settings for these subscribers, the option for sending DIGEST
messages to their addresses is set to convert MIME messages into Plain text.
This accounts for the garbled text, coded lines, and the ever-present '=20'
at the end of a message line.

To fix this, you need to uncheck the option of converting MIME messages to
Plain text in DIGEST mode.  This should eliminate the problem, and you will
see the messages arrive as they were intended.  Just access your SHRUG-L
account via the SHRUG-L Info page
(http://lists.dep.state.fl.us/mailman/listinfo/shrug-l/) and make the change
to this option.  We have also changed the default setting for future DIGEST
recipients.

If there are any e-mail experts out there who wish to comment further,
please feel free to chime in.  If you have any questions or difficulties
with this, you can contact me directly.

Good luck,

Patrick
Patrick Pence