shrug-l: creating points

Kim Paxton kim.paxton@putnam-fl.com
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:14:27 -0500

In ArcToolbox - Data Management - Features - Feature To Point

There is an option for Inside (check box)

Kim Paxton
GIS Coordinator
IT Department=20
Putnam County
P.O. Box 307
Palatka, FL 32178-0307
kim.paxton@putnam-fl.com
phone: 386.326.2749
fax: 386.329.0215

-----Original Message-----
From: shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us
[mailto:shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us] On Behalf Of Ken Stocks
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 1:10 PM
To: shrug-l@lists.dep.state.fl.us
Subject: shrug-l: creating points

Does anyone know how to take polygon shapes and create points?  I have
isolated nearly 1000 parcels in Gadsden County from housing data.  The
parcels vary in size from a fraction of an acre to 700 acres.  I am
trying to demonstrate the housing permit trends over a five year period.
I want to produce a map with center points within the parcels.  I have
been having trouble finding a command that will convert polygons to
points with the same attributes.  If anyone could assist me, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ken Stocks
850-627-5335=20