shrug-l: RE:Street Data

Kevin Gorham GorhamK@dor.state.fl.us
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:50:33 -0500

This is embarassing, approximately 6 State Agencies under contract with
GDT paying something in the area of $15,000 - $30,000 annually!

Kevin Gorham
Senior Appraiser
Florida Dept. of Revenue
Property Tax Administration
850-922-7954

>>> "Jim Robeson" <Jim@gpserv.com> 02/20/04 03:34PM >>>
Gee, maybe Jeb will give us back the Geographic Information Board so we
can
save everyone some time and money, and generate a State-wide deal
develop
the data within the State.  Not that the GIB worked well.  The point is
it
was working or it was trying to work.

It is embarrassing to have this kind of hunt for street data in the
State of
Florida at this point in time.

I'm not knocking those who are groping for data to do their job.  I
just
happens to be a very big fan of shared resources and I don't see much
of
that taking place in Florida State Agencies these days.

Just my opinion.

My hopes are that this might ignite some discussion on this subject.
The
solution has to start with the users.

Have a great weekend!

JR