shrug-l: Message from the incoming President

Pence, Patrick PenceP@talgov.com
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:57:29 -0500

SHRUGgies-

On behalf of the newly-elected board of 2004 SHRUG Officers, I would like to
express our sincere hope that you all had a very pleasant holiday season.

I also would like to give hearty thanks to the work of our previous
officers: Bill Pollock, Lee Hartsfield, Ruth Roaza, Jay Johnson, and Brian
Pierce.  Their dedication to the Seven Hills Regional User Group over the
last 2 years has yielded some great successes, and it has been a privilege
working alongside them.

For those who are not already aware, your 2004 SHRUG Officers are:

President - Patrick Pence, City of Tallahassee
Vice-President - Holli Brandt, Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection
Treasurer - Chris DuClos, Florida Dept. of Health
Secretary - Rachel Hough, URS Corporation
Registered Agent - Brain Pierce, Florida Dept. of Agriculture
Incorporator - Lee Hartsfield, Tallahassee-Leon County GIS

We look forward to continuing the growth and recognition of SHRUG as a
statewide GIS resource!

Also, I'd like to announce Holli Brandt as the Chair of the 2004 SHRUG GIS
Workshop Planning Committee.  Holli has done excellent work over the last
year as a committee chair for 2003's Workshop, and she brings her
professionalism and organizational skills to this year's event.  Good luck,
Holli!

Our next SHRUG Quarterly Meeting will be hosted by Nick Miller, Inc in
February.  The date is yet to be determined, but will be announced ASAP.

I would also like to solicit organizations within Tallahassee who would be
willing to offer up their GIS shop to host the May or August Meetings.  If
you are interested, please contact me directly to make arrangements.  You
will be joining an illustrious list of our previous hosts.  Hosting our
Quarterly meeting give your shop the chance to show off your GIS Tools and
activities.  It really educates people to the varied applications of GIS
around town.

Finally, please help support us by visiting the SHRUG Website
(www.shrug-gis.info) and providing comments and suggestions about additional
content you would like to see.  The Tips N' Tricks pages is an open forum
for sharing ideas and solutions to common GIS-related problems.  The
website, along with SHRUG-L, helps keep the entire SHRUG community aware of
events and questions from the users in our area.

See you soon,

Patrick
Patrick Pence
GIS Coordinator - Public Safety