shrug-l: Outgoing President's message

Pence, Patrick PenceP at talgov.com
Thu Dec 22 11:14:08 EST 2005

SHRUGgies-

I just wanted to send a quick message before the end of the year, while everyone is busy with last minute holiday plans and wrapping up end-of-the-year work, to say a very large Thank You to all the SHRUG members who I have had the pleasure of serving during the 2004-2005 term.  I want to also thank your other outgoing board members: Vice-President Holli Brandt(2004), Treasurer Chris Duclos, Secretary Janis Paulsen, Incorporator Lee Hartsfield, and Registered Agent Brian Pierce.  During this term, we have had two dynamite Annual GIS workshops led by Holli Brandt (2004) and Calvin DeSouza (2005), which continue to grow in both participation and recognition.  Our listserver membership is now over 500, with the valuable information and support shared via SHRUG-L proving to be a benefit to GIS users from all skill levels and workgroups.

I would like to encourage everyone to continue participating by volunteering to help out with the quarterly meetings or by lending a hand with the planning of upcoming Annual GIS Workshops.

At the same time, please help me welcome your new Board of Directors, effective January 1st:

President: Lee Hartsfield, Tallahassee-Leon County GIS
Vice-President: Tricia McClenehan, Florida DEP
Treasurer: Janis Paulsen, Florida DEP
Secretary: Bill Alfred, Florida DOH
Registered Agent: Chris Duclos, Florida DOH
Incorporator: Patrick Pence, City of Tallahassee

Some of the goals facing the upcoming board are the creation and maintenance of a true member roll, subsidizing locale training opportunities hosted by SHRUG, and closer participation with state and regional GIS groups such as FLURISA and ESRI's SERUG.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to serve the regional GIS user community, and best wishes for a prosperous 2006-2007!

Patrick

Patrick Pence
GIS Coordinator - Public Safety
Information Systems Services