shrug-l: Highway Mile Markers

C. Henry Depew sisu26@nettally.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:28:23 -0500

Greetings!
      There is a mile marker set for the Intrastate highways (except I-4)
in Florida as well as one for the Keys and for the Turnpike.  All three are
shape files created in Geographic, NAD 27, meters.  A copy of the
Interstate used to be on the DEP site.  DEM has the file set (or they did
when I retired).  The Intrastatesmarkers are every 5 miles and accuracy is
relative.  The key set is every mile and was built from 7.5 minute quads as
the base.  The Turnpike came from the Turnpike authority.

C. Henry Depew