shrug-l: pictometry

Tripp C. Corbin tcorbin@keckwood.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:00:52 -0500

Pictometry usually includes a traditional aerial photo in addition to
their angled photos. In my experience all their photography is in a jpg
format and can be used in ArcView GIS or ArcGIS. I also believe they
have developed some extensions for ESRI software. It is also possible to
view shapefiles with in Pictometry's software.=20

A couple of our Clients are using the Pictometry product and seem to
like it. You can overlay their images including the angled shots, with
your GIS data in their software. I have not seen this attempted within
ArcView or ArcGIS. =20

Charles C. (Tripp) Corbin III, MCP
Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping
ESRI Authorized Instructor