shrug-l: ArcIMS Configuration

Fran Ward FRANW@leoncountyfl.gov
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:00:02 -0400

ESRI has a good document for this purpose, "ArcIMS 9.0 High-Availability
Configuration Testing Using Network Load Balancing".  You won't be using
the network load balancing setup, but page five of the document
describes the procedure for creating a second monitor service on a
spatial server using the "ServiceInstaller" utility.  On each spatial
server you would then have two monitor services, one which points to the
Internet and one that points to the Intranet.

I heard DEP planned to implement a similar ArcIMS configuration so
hopefully they have more info to provide.

Fran Ward
GIS IT Systems
Tallahassee - Leon County GIS
(850) 488-8020
(850) 922-0099 Fax
www.tlcgis.org

>>> "Pierce, Brian" <pierceb@doacs.state.fl.us> 7/21/05 2:18:06 PM >>>
We are attempting to install an ArcIMS system with web connectivity
from
the Intranet and the Internet to the same map service. ESRI has
configuration diagrams that show multiple spatial servers and one with
multiple web server configuration showing two spatial servers on the
same machine.

Has anyone deployed an ArcIMS system with two web servers hitting the
same spatial server or multiple spatial servers?  If so, can we get
some
insight on the installation and configuration?

Thanks;

Brian

Brian D. Pierce

Enterprise Integration Section Administrator

Florida Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Office:  (850) 245-1061

Cell:  (850)519-6431

Fax: (850) 245-1075