shrug-l: merging shapes

Ken Stocks turkeyb99@yahoo.com
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:00:52 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a function in ArcMap that will allow you to
merge multiple shapes at once?  I have over 8000
parcels that have subdivision numbers that I am trying
to merge into individual shapes.  For example, in the
attributes there are maybe 25 parcels with the same
subdivision number.  I can sort,highlight and merge.
But I have over 400 subdivisions.  Is there a command
to merge all of the same subdivision numbers in a
field at once.

I am not sure if I have described my problem very
accurately but could use some pointers.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs