shrug-l: how to create a permanent map from an mxd....

Thomas, Jim jthomas@golder.com
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:39:54 -0400

You could change the map properties to use 'relative path' names.  This
will only help you if all the data is in the same location as the mxd.
If it points to other drives you might run into a problem.

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us
[mailto:shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us] On Behalf Of Ken Stocks
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 4:37 PM
To: SHRUG
Subject: shrug-l: how to create a permanent map from an mxd....

Can someone tell me how to save a map in a form more permanent than an
mxd?  It seems like every time that i save an mxd and try to view it
from some other desktop off of the server, I have to set data sources
over and over.  Is there a way to save the maps without setting data
sources over and over?  Please help...

Thanks,

Ken Stocks
Gadsden County