shrug-l: well with a caveat, that is ....

Rachel_Hough@URSCorp.com Rachel_Hough@URSCorp.com
Thu, 19 May 2005 11:11:03 -0500

Hi Cyndi.  It is possible to set your default symbol properties for the
callout so that you don't have to change
it every time.  If you go to the Drawing options (the Draw toolbox has to
be checked on), there is an option for
'Default Symbol Properties'.   In there is an option to set your callout
properties and this works for creating manual
callouts, but you have to type in your text.  If you want to use the
labeling tool, then all you have to do is set the
symbol properties for the layer you are labeling - and then use the manual
labeling tool that Adam was writing about.
To do this.....go to the layer properties and then to the Labels tab.
Click on the 'Symbol' button and set your callout
properties.  Nevertheless, both tools can have their properties set so that
you don't have to change them every
time you manually create a label or text box.

Good Luck.  Call if you have any questions.

Rachel Hough
URS Corporation
1000 Corporate Centre Drive, Suite 250
Franklin, TN  37067
615-224-2123 direct
615-771-2480 main
615-771-2459 fax

             Cyndi Brown
             <cynmoon@earthlin
             k.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Adam Carnow
             shrug-l-admin@lis         <AdamCarnow@WilsonMiller.com>
             ts.dep.state.fl.u                                          cc
             s                         shrug-l@lists.dep.state.fl.us
                                                                   Subject
                                       shrug-l: well with a caveat, that
             05/19/2005 09:59          is ....
             AM

             Please respond to
                Cyndi Brown
             <cynmoon@earthlin
                  k.net>

This works well except that ...
I am using a specialized 'callout' label symbol that we have changed the
default color on, etc. I'm finding that when I 'select a style', it wont
allow me to pick from the symbol I have created and saved ... only from
some pre-chosen set of label styles.  I can pick one of the pre-set label
styles (there is a rounded call out there),but I have to go in and change
the colors, fonts, etc. every time. Woe on me should I change 'tools' for
some reason ... have to go thru the whole process again. Know of any way to
'save' my 'special' balloon symbol I've created, out to the automatic
default "Label Styles" selection I get when I attempt to 'choose a style'??