shrug-l: Upcoming SHRUG Officer elections

Pence, Patrick PenceP at talgov.com
Tue Nov 1 11:44:21 EST 2005

In keeping with the SHRUG by-laws, officers on the SHRUG, Inc. board of
directors serve two-year terms.  The end of this calendar year marks the end
of my term as SHRUG President.

The board of directors would like to solicit the members of SHRUG for
nominations for officers to fill the Board of Directors for the 2006-2007
term.  If you would be interested in serving in some capacity in one of the
following positions, or know of someone whom you think we be willing to
fulfill a role, please contact me before Thursday, November 3rd at 5:30 pm.

The current board of directors would like to consider these nominees and
"interview" them for to see if they would be willing to play a part in
running the SHRUG User Group beginning January 1, 2006. Some current board
members might be willing to transition to another role.

Once nominations have been received and considered, the SHRUG Board will
recommend a "slate of candidates" to the General Membership meeting to be
held at the 2005 SHRUG GIS Workshop on November 9th.  At this time, as was
done in 2003, the SHRUG body will be asked to approve the nominee slate by a
simple majority.

SHRUG actively desires diversity of backgrounds in the GIS Professionals who
sit on the board, and welcome any and all considerations.  If you have any
questions, feel free to contact me before Thursday.

The Board of Directors consists of:

President: Manages the day to day operations of SHRUG, Inc.  Selects times
and solicits for locations to hold quarterly SHRUG membership meetings.
Sets the agenda and goals for the direction of SHRUG as a GIS Professional
user organization.

Vice-President:  Acts in support of the President, and prepared to assume
duties in his/her place, if needed.  One idea in the past, has been to have
the sitting SHRUG VP act as GIS Workshop Coordinator during on of the two
years of their term.  This is not absolute, but has been working well thus
far.

Treasurer:  Manages the bank accounts and corporate holdings of SHRUG, Inc.
Prepares all appropriate State incorporation paperwork, Federal income tax
filings, etc.

Secretary: Keeps logs of all meeting minutes, and to also now assume the
duties of managing member contact information in an accessible format for
website and membership info.

Registered Agent:  Acts as the contact point for SHRUG, and assumes an
"at-large" position on the Board of Directors.

Incorporator: Files and is responsible signature on all Corporate document
filings.  Also acts as an "at-large" position on the Board of Directors.

There you have it.

Thank you for the opportunity to have been your SHRUG President these last
two years.  We are steadily growing in both membership and recognition, and
the next board of directors inherit a very strong user group for our
community.

Patrick Pence
President 2003-2005
SHRUG, Inc