shrug-l: remote desktop connection

Amy Knight AKnight@fnai.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:42:15 -0400

We are having a problem using Arcview with a remote desktop connection
through Windows XP.  When Arcview is accessed through the remote
connection polygon and point themes draw incompletely, especially the
more zoomed out you are;  and images come in but draw over the top of
shapefiles even though they are not ordered that way in the TOC.  It
doesn't seem to be related to the video card/driver because we tested it
with different computers (laptops, desktops).  On a single computer we
opened the same arcview project through our regular network and then
through a remote connection and the problem only occurs through the
remote connection.  Has anyone else experienced this and can offer a
solution?  I'm going to post on ESRI also but so far haven't seen any
threads for this exact problem.  Thanks-
Amy
--
Amy Knight
Florida Natural Areas Inventory