shrug-l: Position Available: AMS/GIS TECHNICIAN - Florida Power & Light (WPB, FL)

Michael_Rose at fpl.com Michael_Rose at fpl.com
Tue Apr 18 22:12:29 EDT 2006

Please respond directly thru our company website:
http://www.fplcareers.com/

AMS/GIS TECHNICIAN
Company:  Florida Power & Light
Job ID:  068314
Location:  West Palm Beach, FL
Employee Type:  Full Time

Position Description: This position is responsible for providing direction,
support and training to our on-site vendor. Functions as a support to the
AMS group leader and is responsible for producing highly complex electrical
distribution work within the TRS area. Individual will be required to
create/update distribution and land facilities in AutoCad and FPL's Asset
Management System. (G E Network Solutions Software "Smallworld") These
updates will be from interpreting construction drawings, field as-builts,
field verification & mapping corrections.

Position Requires: Applicant is required to have excellent communication
skills both written and verbal as well as proficient software skills in the
following: AutoCad 2000 or higher, Windows XP, MS Office and Lotus Notes.
ArcGIS system experience is a plus.

Work Schedule: MON - FRI, 7:30 - 4:30 Occasional extended hours, West Palm
Beach

Qualifications: Must have good working knowledge of FPL's electrical
distribution system and facility attributes. 12-18 months recent experience
w/AutoCad 2000/CADOverlay 2000 software. Must have 12-18 months recent
experience and fully competent in the use of GE Network Solutions software
update seat (required to update/edit FPL Asset Management System).

Please respond directly thru our company website:
http://www.fplcareers.com/

Michael Rose
OCS Project Manager
Florida Power & Light Company