shrug-l: ASCII grid

Greg Mauldin GregM at leoncountyfl.gov
Wed Aug 30 15:51:13 EDT 2006

Hi Gary,

Addresing ArcInfo specifically, there is a GRID function called
ASCIIGRID. You run it from theb GRID prompt. The usage is:

ASCIIGRID(<in_ascii_file>, {INT | FLOAT})

Examples for creating a floating point grid and an integer grid:

outfloatgrid = ASCIIGRID(gridname.asc,float)
outintegergrid = ASCIIGRID(gridname.asc)

Hope this helps.

Greg

Greg Mauldin
GIS Project Manager
Tallahassee-Leon County GIS
Leon County Courthouse
301 S Monroe St, Room P313-F
Tallahassee, FL 32301
850.606.5587
gregm at leoncountyfl.gov

>>> Gary Watry <watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu> 08/30/06 2:43 PM >>>
The problem was the files had the wrong file extension and I assumed
that I missing something and did not realize there was an error in the
name

--
Gary L. Watry
GIS Coordinator