shrug-l: Anybody using Canon wide-format printers ("plotters")?

Tim Spivey tspivey at tiftcounty.org
Thu Dec 7 08:31:07 EST 2006

We have our eye on either the Canon iPF700 (36") or iPF8000 (44")
wide-format printer, and I was wondering if any of you folks might be
using one to print out of ArcGIS 9.1 (Editor/Map).
The Canon machines have great features & specs and a great price, and my
experience as a Canon service tech gives me confidence in them.
Right now, we're running an old HP 2500cp printer.
The 700 ships with a ripper, the 8000 does not. ArcPress 9.2 is supposed
to now support Epson, but not Canon. But we rarely use ArcPress anyway.