shrug-l: HP 750c problem...

David Carson CarsonD at HillsboroughCounty.ORG
Wed Feb 15 15:38:18 EST 2006

We have a 1055CM and 5500PS. Both work well now, but the 5500 had a lot
of quirks with margins not printing like they were set. It later started
giving strange error codes and eventually would not load media at all.
Fortunately it was still under warranty. The HP guy replaced almost
everything inside it until he discovered that the firmware from the
factory was for the 5500, not the 5500PS. Replacing that did the trick
and there have been no problems since then. I would recommend the 5500PS
for the better quality and truer color.

David L. Carson, Jr.
GIS Analyst
Hillsborough County Water Resource Services
Pinebrooke Business Complex
1220 Tech Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33619
(813) 274-6800 x43394
Fax: (813) 274-6801
CarsonD at HillsboroughCounty.org

"You can do anything you set your mind
to when you have vision, determination,
and an endless supply of expendable labor."

http://despair.com/achievement.html

>>> Ken Stocks <turkeyb99 at yahoo.com> 2/15/2006 9:30 AM >>>

I am using an HP750c ancient plotter and having
trouble printing.  I get the message "turn printer off
- check cartridge path."  I am not sure what that
means and have looked up solutions on the internet.
The interruption occured at the end of a plot job.  If
anyone has experienced this please let me know how fix
it.

thanks,

ken