shrug-l: Renaming a field name

Nicholas Martinez MartineN at leoncountyfl.gov
Fri Jan 6 09:28:09 EST 2006

Data within a personal geodatabse can be edited in Access.

Nicholas Martinez
Demographic/GIS Manager
Leon County Elections Office
315 South Calhoun Street, Suite 100
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Office: (850) 606-VOTE(8683)
Fax:     (850) 606-8601
martinen at leoncountyfl.gov
www.leoncountyfl.gov/elect

>>> Ken Stocks <turkeyb99 at yahoo.com> 01/06/06 8:48 AM >>>

Does anyone have any advice on how to rename field
names in the attribute table?  I have a shapefile that
consists of joined attribute tables and need to clean
up the field names.  Once in editor mode, I can edit
data within the fields but not the field name.  Can
someone give me a tip on how to rename the field
names?  I have tried to edit field names in the dbf in
excel but it seems to destroy the shapefile.  Its
probably something really simple to fix but I can't
put my finger on it...

Thanks,

Ken