shrug-l: Looking for inputs in Network Analyst programming and customization ...

Tan, Yurong Yurong.Tan at va.gov
Fri Jan 20 14:54:11 EST 2006

Hello,

Good afternoon!

I am looking for talents in ArcObject/VB programming to customize Network Analyst (ArcGIS 9.1).  The fundamental idea is to develop a tool that will allow us to process our current enrollment and patient data in either batch mode or interactively.  The database is in the vicinity of 100 million records (annually) in ArcSDE and  because it will take days if not weeks to process those records, the tool should be able to process those records incrementally.  This will afford us the ability to minimize the impacts of unforeseen interruptions such as computer network outages, maybe to fire several processes against to the same database from different desktops, and to selectively process a set of records such as that from a query.  Additionally, the tool should be implemented with some flexibilities (control through input parameters).  For instance, one wants to find out the travel time/distance from a patient’s address to the clinic/hospital he visited as well as the names and travel time/distances of the closest xxx clinics/hospitals from that same patient address.  We can do this interactively, but we just can’t handle 100 million records interactively.

I intend to start this first in a desktop environment and eventually move on to a server environment in order to give regional offices this planning/assessment capability.  Any feed backs, suggestions, recommendations, or pointers of existing tools in this regard will be appreciated.

Thank you and have a wonderful day

-Yurong

Yurong Tan, Ph.D., Program Analyst/GIS                                  Email: Yurong.tan at med.va.gov

PSSG, field unit for the Office of the ADUSH (Policy & Planning)        Phone: 352-374-6080 (x5382)

Department of Veterans Affairs                                                                                Fax: 352-374-6119

300 E. University Avenue, Suite 430                                                                  Web: www.med.va.gov

Gainesville, Florida 32601  USA

They all gave some and some gave all!