shrug-l: Map Book or Map Sheet Production Utility

mgarriga mgarriga at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 12 12:00:38 EDT 2006

I need to generate hundreds of maps using ArcGIS.  The bounding rectangle
for each map exists as a polygon in an index grid layer.

ESRI has two downloadable, non-supported utilities:  One is called the "DS
Map Book" and the other is called the "Map Sheet Production Utility".  In
addition, there are other scripts/extensions developed by the user community
and available as ArcScripts on the ESRI web site.

If anyone has used one of these utilities for automating map production,
please let me know what you think of it.  In particular, I would like to
better understand the strengths and differences between the Map Book and Map
Sheet Production utilities.

If you have information on these utilities, please reply to me and I will
summarize to the list.

Thank you,

Miguel Garriga

407-261-0451