shrug-l: Re: SHRUG-L Digest, Vol 5, Issue 3

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Mar 7 21:11:53 EST 2006

There are two ways to do this. One is you can use the Calculator tool. This is availible when you have the attribute table open. The other way is to use the attribute editor dialog. Once you have selected the features, open the attribute editor located on the editor toolbar (you will need to be in an edit session for this to work) . click on the layer name located at the top of the list of selected features. You should notice all the fields associated with that layer a listed on the right hand side but with out values. Pick on the field you wish to change for all the features and type the new value. This will change that value for all selected features.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP
Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc.
www.keckwood.com

Keck & Wood now offers both Instructor led and virtual training classes for ESRI's ArcGIS & ArcView software. Contact me for more information.

Currently Scheduled Classes:
Introduction to ArcGIS I - April 17-18 at Keck & Wood in Duluth, GA
Introduction to ArcGIS II - April 19-21 at Keck & Wood in Duluth, GA