shrug-l: creating acetate layers

Daniel Schwartz schwartz at cs.fsu.edu
Sun Mar 12 10:11:34 EST 2006

Hello,

I would like to learn how mapping services like MapQuest and Google Maps
place that red marker (star, thumb tack) on the location corresponding to an
address.

I'm guessing this is done somehow with acetate layers.  Could someone point
me to some documentation where I can learn about this?

In particular, I would like to learn how such a layer can be created as a
file for use with ArcIMS and/or as a database table for use with ArcSDE.
I'm not sure which approach is best or makes sense.

Thanks,

Dan Schwartz
Florida State University