shrug-l: Problems with DWG 2007 Files in ArcGIS 9.1

Sykes, John John.Sykes at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Sep 13 09:09:54 EDT 2006

Thanks for the heads up.  Just downloaded that converter.

On the same subject, if anyone out there has the occasional need to edit CAD
files, but doesn't need the full power of AutoCAD, there is a new version of
TurboCAD, called TurboCAD Deluxe V12, by IMSI, which will allow you to do
some basic editing of CAD files before bringing them into ArcGIS.  I think
the price tag is around $99 at discount stores (Office Depot).  This sure
beats any AutoDesk software, with AutoCAD LT now starting at $899.

I talked to IMSI about the DWG file version issues and they told me that they
keep updating their file reading capabilities and make the patches available
on their website.  TurboCAD will also read Microstation file formats (I think
they're DGN???).

-- John

  _____