shrug-l: Puerto Rico data source?

C. Henry Depew sisu26 at nettally.com
Thu Sep 28 11:37:09 EDT 2006

For nautical data, you have a variety of sources.

DIGITAL CHART DOWNLOAD OPTIONS -
      You can now download the actual digital BSB format raster
charts for FREE from Maptech.
         http://www.freeboatingcharts.com/
It looks like all charts of US waters are available.  These charts
work with any charting software which handles BSB Charts.
      If you don't have such software, you can use the free SeaClear
program from:
         http://www.sping.com/seaclear/
Note that SeaClear makes its e-mail address list available, so if you
go this route, expect some SPAM.
      NOAA has also made free online viewing of charts
         http://www.nauticalcharts.gov/viewer/AtlanticCoastTable.htm
      Another site that will zoom in and out of any charts (for free).
         http://www.marisafe.com/resources/ChartCenter.asp
You should know that you can also download NOAA electronic raster
charts (in addition to ENC charts) directly from NOAA for free.
http://nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/Raster/Index.htm

I would also suggest the USGS site that combines air photos, topos,
and other such material/information at:
         http://seamless.usgs.gov/website/Seamless/

Hope this helps.

C. Henry Depew