shrug-l: Printing problem

Larry.Kung at dot.state.fl.us Larry.Kung at dot.state.fl.us
Thu Apr 5 08:09:51 EDT 2007

I had experienced extended processing time when I used transparency for
polygons.  Another problem I encountered was printing to PDF or exporting
to PDF which would use up a lot of your computer's resources.  The program
does not release all of the RAM back until you reboot your computer.  When
your computer runs out of RAM and start using the virtual memory (your hard
disk) then you will see it start crawling.  Remember that when you are
making a lot of PDF's.
__________________________
Larry H. Kung
DOT/GIS - Transportation Statistics
(850) 414-4721
larry.kung at dot.state.fl.us

             "Nicholas
             Martinez"
             <MartineN at leoncou                                          To
             ntyfl.gov>                <tdarsey at hsa.cc>, "Shrug"
             Sent by:                  <shrug-l at lists.dep.state.fl.us>
             shrug-l-bounces at l                                          cc
             ists.dep.state.fl
             .us                                                   Subject
                                       Re: shrug-l: Printing problem

             04/04/2007 02:41
             PM

Not sure what kind of printer you have, but here is my experience.  We
have an HP 1055CM+ that used to be terribly inefficient until I updated
the drivers from PostScript to Windows.  Everything works a little
better.  Have not had an issue with an MXD and I print to multiple
computers and also PDF.  I have had problems with maps based off of
templates.  Have you tried deleting your Normal.mxt?

Nicholas Martinez
Demographic/GIS Manager
Leon County Elections Office
315 South Calhoun Street, Suite 110
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Office: (850) 606-VOTE(8683)
Fax:     (850) 606-8601
martinen at leoncountyfl.gov
www.leoncountyfl.gov/elect

>>> "Tony Darsey" <tdarsey at hsa.cc> 04/04/2007 2:22 PM >>>
HELP!!! Has anyone had a problem printing their maps?  I have a problem
in
both 9.1 and 9.2.  For some reason (on some of my files) it takes
FOREVER
for the data to spool to the printer, and it doesn*t matter if I*m
printing
to a PDF or to any of the other printers in my office.  I can watch in
the
bottom left hand corner (as it is spooling) the layers will redraw over
and
over and over.  I*m wondering if it is some kind of corruption issue
with
the .mxd, the file can be printing fine one day and then the next it
will
just take forever and nothing new had really changed in the map.

   Tony Darsey

   HSA Consulting Group, Inc.

   PH 850-309-7510

   Fax 850-309-0246