shrug-l: catalog contents text file list

Yurong Tan tany at gisgo.com
Fri Apr 13 16:42:20 EDT 2007

You did not tell what RDBMS your SDE is on.  If it is in Oracle, you can use
PS/SQL.  Once you connect to the RDBMS through PS/SQL, execute the following
statement:

Select table_name from sde.layers order by table_name

On the other hand, if it is in SQL Server, you can use OSQL and once connect
to the RDBMS, execute the following similar state below:

SELECT table_name from sde.sde_sdelayers order by table_name.

These two statements will dump all the sde layer names on the screen and
then you can cut and paste to a text editor.  Of cause, you can send the
layer names to a text file, but you will have to modify the script including
the connection parameters.  There are some other ways to get a list of SDE
layer names directly from MS Access and/or Excel from both Oracle and SQL
servers.

Good luck!