shrug-l: Geographic Transformation Setting?

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Mon Apr 16 13:40:52 EDT 2007

Chris,
Based on the picture you attached you do not have a coordinate system
assigned to your map document.  So my first set would be to assign the
desired coordinate system to your map before you insert data. If that
fails to fix the problem, then that means the two layers were created
from different sources and may not exactly overlap. You can use the
spatial adjust toolbar to try and force one layer to match the other
using transformations and rubbersheeting.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc.
www.keckwood.com
(678) 417-4013
(678) 417-8785 fax

Keck & Wood, Inc offers instructor led and virtual training for ESRI's
ArcGIS & ArcView software.
Please visit www.keckwood.com for more information including a schedule
of upcoming classes.