shrug-l: Edit Attribute Dialog not showing up

James Klugh JamesKlugh at wilsonmiller.com
Mon Apr 23 09:38:27 EDT 2007

We've hit this one before a few times with a few different dialog boxes, including the identify dialog and the attributes dialog.  Essentially, somehow, the registry value for the default location that the dialogs open to has been overwritten with some nonsense, probably negative numbers.

The only way that this can be fixed as far as I know is to change the default location values in the registry.

If you want to give this a shot, do so at your own risk:

Close ArcMap and any ESRI products

Start-> Run, type "regedit", then navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> Software
> ESRI
> ArcMap
> Garcia

The regkey you're looking for is AttrWindowPos, and just set its value to something positive in every slot.  Mine was currently:  206,367,892,663

Reopen ArcMap and hopefully it will work.

James Klugh
Senior GIS Analyst
(239)-263-6464      ext 7118
WilsonMiller, Inc