shrug-l: User Poll regarding GIS Track potential for Jun '07 HEEP Conference http://www.dot.state.al.us/events/HEEP2007/home.aspx.

Troy Mail sramroop at troy.edu
Wed Feb 28 18:16:39 EST 2007

February 28, 2007

Dear GIS Professional,

We are proud to announce that Director Joe McInnes will be speaking at the Monday morning general session of the Area II 2007 Highway Engineering Exchange Program (HEEP) conference held at the Sheraton Birmingham from June 17th - 20th of this year.  HEEP is an international organization that promotes the exchange of information relating to highway and bridge engineering among its members.

As a member of the ALDOT GIS Group, the Alabama URISA Chapter Board of Directors, and the 4th Annual Alabama GIS Symposium Planning Committee I was asked to poll the GIS Professionals in Alabama and the surrounding States to see if there is enough interest for the creation of a GIS Track to coincide with Tracks 1 and 2.  This would be a great opportunity to meet in the early summer and present on any subject of ongoing GIS projects/papers/posters (it doesn't have to be transportation-based) as well as network with local, state, and federal transportation employees and officials.   For further information about our conference you can go to our website at the following link http://www.dot.state.al.us/events/HEEP2007/home.aspx.

If you are interested in a GIS track and wish to attend as a delegate or presenter for your organization or as a vendor please let me know at your earliest convenience.  Based on the feedback over the next two weeks or so I will send out results, hopefully with an attached list of GIS Professionals wishing to attend as well as a draft Track of GIS presentations.

I hope you will seriously consider this "GIS" possibility to continue the promotion of GIS within Alabama and the Southeast.

Sincerely,

Mike Rief

ALDOT GIS Group

mailto:riefm at dot.state.al.us