shrug-l: RE: SHRUG-L Digest, Vol 15, Issue 3

Nonie Castro nonie_castro at coxtarget.com
Mon Jan 8 10:09:20 EST 2007

Wow - very cool link, thank you!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us
[mailto:shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us] On Behalf Of Nicholas
Martinez
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 8:13 AM
To: shrug-l at lists.dep.state.fl.us; Kathleen Swanson
Subject: shrug-l: RE: SHRUG-L Digest, Vol 15, Issue 3

www.colorbrewer.org

This is a real simple web tool that lets you select color schemes,
displays them, and lets you know how they will replicate in various
media.  The author, Cindy Brewer, also has a book out on ESRI
publications that gives lots of cartographic layout suggestions.

Hope that helps,

Nicholas Martinez
Demographic/GIS Manager
Leon County Elections Office
315 South Calhoun Street, Suite 110
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Office: (850) 606-VOTE(8683)
Fax:     (850) 606-8601
martinen at leoncountyfl.gov
www.leoncountyfl.gov/elect

>>> "Swanson, Kathleen" <Kathleen.Swanson at MyFWC.com> 01/08/07 8:05 AM

Happy New Year to each of you!  I know we have a number of excellent
cartographers out there that could direct me to a good publication or
web site that gives good information on creating cartographic products
for people that are color blind.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kathleen

Kathleen Swanson
Biological Administrator/Habitat Assessment and Restoration Program/
Terrestrial Habitat Conservation and Restoration/ Fish and Wildlife
Conservation Commission 620 S. Meridian St.
Tallahassee, FL  32399-1600
Phone:  850-410-0656 ext 17278
Mobile:  850-251-5276
Fax:  850-921-7793