shrug-l: Derrick Smith joins Keck & Wood's GIS team

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Wed Jul 25 11:35:02 EDT 2007

Keck & Wood is excited to announce that Derrick Smith, GISP has joined
our team. He will be working in Keck & Wood's GIS department as a GIS
Project Manager. Derrick will be responsible for overseeing various GIS
projects with special focus on ArcGIS Server technology.

Derrick has over 14 years of mapping and GIS related experience with
projects spanning the Globe from Africa, Bolivia, and of course the
United States.  Much of his work in the Untied States has been focused
in the Southeast. Mr. Smith has completed GIS related projects in
Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina.  These
projects included assisting in developing a GIS for Collier County
Florida Property Appraiser, digitized hardcopy record maps for Colonial
Pipeline, and developing GIS for the City of Roswell, GA.

Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Mr. Smith was the GIS Manager for the
City of Roswell. As the GIS Manager for the City, he was responsible for
maintaining the existing data, evaluating new technology, administrating
the ArcSDE Geodatabase, creating and publishing various maps, overseeing
the City's GIS staff, developing a GIS enabled website and creating
procedures for GPS field data collection.  The City of Roswell's Zoning
Map, which Mr. Smith created, was picked from hundreds of maps
nationwide and published in the ESRI Map Book.

"Derrick's understanding of the GIS related needs of City and County
governments will prove to a valuable asset for us and our clients.  We
are extremely happy to have him on our team. His knowledge and expertise
will enhance the services and products we can provide our clients." says
the head of Keck & Wood's GIS department, Tripp Corbin, CFM, GISP.

Derrick Smith is a GIS certified professional and has a Bachelors of
Science degree in Geography with a focus on GIS from Florida State
University.

About Keck & Wood, Inc.

Founded in 1954, Keck & Wood, Inc. is a multidiscipline consulting firm
engaged in providing a diverse range of professional services in the
areas of civil engineering, surveying, community planning, mapping, GIS,
and related technical disciplines.  Keck & Wood currently employs a
staff of more than 80 employees and maintains offices in Duluth and
Carrollton, Georgia, and Rock Hill, South Carolina.

As an ESRI Authorized Business Partner, Keck & Wood is an authorized
consultant, value-added reseller, and developer of ESRI products.  For
more information about Keck & Wood, Inc. please visit our website at
<http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP

Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping

ESRI Authorized Instructor

Keck & Wood, Inc.

 <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com

(678) 417-4013

(678) 417-8785 fax

Keck & Wood, Inc offers instructor led and virtual training for ESRI's
ArcGIS & ArcView software.
Please visit  <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com for more
information including a schedule of upcoming classes.