shrug-l: FL data for Address Geocoding

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Fri Mar 30 15:16:36 EDT 2007

In most cases, parcels are the most accurate source available for
geocoding addresses. MapWise provides geocodable parcels by county in
shapefile or personal geodatabase format for much of the state, and the
remaining counties can be done upon request. Almost all appraisers
provide an accurate site address for parcels with structures, but not
many provide a city and zipcode for geocoding addresses. We add this
info (by digitizing accurate zipcode boundaries if needed) and
standardize it, as well as a variety of other parcel attributes. We can
provide parcels polygons and/or centroids to use for geocoding your
address data. For example, you can use ArcGIS's geocoding tool (or other
software) to match your address table to the parcel centroids to create
a new point shapefile of your customers. The lat/long can be
automatically appended to the table as well. High-res aerials can be
used to check the results and make changes. We have a web service API as
well if you prefer to programmatically access address info and parcel
info via web services.

More information is here:
http://www.mapwise.com/maps/florida/parcels-appraiser.html

Brian May
MapWise, Inc.
850-893-6153

I believe that it is Navteq for streets, Group 1 (Pitney-Bowes) for
parcel centriod and building footprint.  I will check with the Virtual
Earth/MapPoint Team and report back.  It may be stated in their EULA.

Benton