shrug-l: Municipal Boundaries

Edwin, III Cake CakeE at leoncountyfl.gov
Wed Feb 27 10:11:42 EST 2008

>From the local perspective, you are trying to hit a moving target.  Here
at Tallahassee/Leon, we review between 6 and 12 annexations per year.
Some are small some are very large. Multiply that by every municipality
in the state and you can see how hard that would be to keep up with.
Finding an "Up to date" layer is highly unlikely.

Good Luck

E. W. "Ned"  Cake, III
GIS Application Development Analyst
Tallahassee/Leon County Geographic Information Systems
E-mail cakee at leoncountyfl.gov

>>> "Tripp Corbin" <tcorbin at keckwood.com> 02/27/2008 9:47 AM >>>
It has been my experience that many City's do not even know what their
correct City limits are let alone matching them to a county or
adjoining
city.  Good luck on finding a current and correct city limit data set.
I do not think it exists. Your best hope is to go to the City's
themselves and see what data they have.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President,GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood,Inc.
www.keckwood.com ( http://www.keckwood.com/ )

Keck & Wood, Inc offers a range of GIS services and training. Please
visit www.keckwood.com ( http://www.keckwood.com/ ) for more information
including a schedule of upcoming classes. GA URISA (
http://www.gaurisa.org/ ) members can receive a 10% discount on
instructor led training.