shrug-l: Need shapefiles for research

Cook, Gary Gary.Cook at dep.state.fl.us
Tue Jun 3 09:38:52 EDT 2008

I am working on a research project that looks at housing prices and the
stricter construction codes, and am looking for shape-files (ArcView) for the
two wind zones (as I understand them) that have to do with storm surge and
wind in Florida.  I believe that these are the "Special Protection Zone (area
most vulnerable to storm surge, which lies within 1,500 feet of the costal
construction control line, or within 1,500 feet of the mean high tide line,
whichever is less) and the Wind-Borne Debris Region (areas with wind speeds
in excess of 120 mph and/or areas within one mile of the coast where wind
speed is 110 mph or higher).

Do you have these files and can you send them to me?  I have found PDF maps
of the wind borne debris contours but I need the shape-files so that I can
create a variable for houses within those zones using GIS.    These should be
relatively small files that can be emailed.  Please let me know if you have
these, or if you know where I might be able to get them.  Thanks for your
help,

Gary Cook

Gis Coordinator

Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems

850 488-7748

The Department of Environmental

Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and

improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of

service you received. Copy the url below to a web browser to complete the DEP

survey: http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Gary.Cook@dep.state.fl.us Thank you in advance for completing the survey.