shrug-l: Seats still available in March Intro to ArcGIS classes

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Mar 11 17:32:20 EDT 2008

Keck  <http://www.keckwood.com> & Wood, Inc.  still has seats open in
our March Introduction to ArcGIS I and II classes. These classes teach
new GIS users the basic functionality of ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop 9.2
software such as ArcView, ArcEditor and ArcInfo.

Introduction to ArcGIS I
DATE: March 17-18, 2008
LOCATION: Keck & Wood, Inc. in Duluth Georgia
Class Description:
This two-day course introduces participants to ArcGIS(tm) and provides
the foundation for becoming a successful user. Participants learn how to
use ArcMap(tm), ArcCatalog(tm), and ArcToolbox(tm) and explore how these
applications work together to provide a complete GIS software solution.
The course covers fundamental GIS concepts as well as how to create,
edit, and work with georeferenced spatial data. Participants learn how
to manipulate tabular data, query a GIS database, and present data
clearly and efficiently using maps and charts.

Here are what some past students have said about the class:

"I learned a lot from this course I can use at my Job. This was money
well spent. " - Jason Hall - City of Ringgold, GA

"Excellent, fantastic, outstanding! Tripp knows his stuff and
communicates it well! The course was well planned and easy to
understand. This is an excellent introduction to ArcGIS." - Matthew
Robinson - Peachtree City, GA

Introduction to ArcGIS II
DATE: March 19-21, 2008
LOCATION: Keck & Wood, Inc. in Duluth Georgia
CLASS DESCRIPTION:
This three-day course extends what students learned in Introduction to
ArcGIS I with further exploration of ArcMap and ArcCatalog. The course
focuses on spatial analysis, automation of spatial and attribute data,
editing, and advanced options for cartographic display. A portion of the
class is reserved for carrying out an analysis project and applying many
of the new skills and techniques learned in this course. Participants
conduct queries, perform spatial analysis, and present their results in
a hard-copy map.

Here are what some past students have said about the class:

"Great material that followed up with Intro to GIS I. All the material
was relevant to what I needed to know." - Matt Davis - City of Oxford,
MS

"The course was very informative and well put together. " - Bob Nyers -
GIS Analyst II - Glynn County Georgia

These classes count as credit toward getting and/or maintaining the GISP
certification from the GIS Certification Institute
<http://www.gisci.org> . Several other organizations and states also
accept these classes as CEU or PDH credits.

Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 8 students each. A student
registration form can be downloaded from our website. Please feel free
to contact us for more information.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President,GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood,Inc.
 <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com

Keck & Wood, Inc offers a range of GIS services and training. Please
visit  <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com for more information
including a schedule of upcoming classes. GA URISA
<http://www.gaurisa.org/>  members can receive a 10% discount on
instructor led training.