shrug-l: Vectorizing raster bathymetry

Paulsen, Janis Janis.Paulsen at dep.state.fl.us
Fri Dec 11 11:00:08 EST 2009

Good Morning,
I have had a couple of requests for lake bathymetry in GIS format.  I have obtained the bathymetry for two lakes from Lake Watch but have been unable to find any other gis layers for lake bathymetry in Florida.  Do any of you know where I could go to get this data in a shapefile or featureclass?

On a related note, has anyone had good experience using ArcScan to vectorize raster lines?  I imported the bathymetry images, georeferenced the image, loaded the vectorization tools and have had some roadblocks to using the semi-automatic vectorization trace tool.

Janis Paulsen

The Department of Environmental Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of service you received. Simply click on this link to the DEP Customer Survey<http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Janis.Paulsen@dep.state.fl.us>. Thank you in advance for completing the survey.