shrug-l: Problem with ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1 and MS SQL Server

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Dec 22 15:26:17 EST 2009

Just in case you had not see this, I thought I would pass it along.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>
(678) 417-4013
(678) 417-8785 fax

If you have downloaded ArcGIS 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and use
Microsoft SQL Server, we want to make you aware of an issue related to
raster catalogs.

Raster catalogs stored in SQL Server do not display after the ArcGIS
9.3.1 Service Pack 1 is applied to ArcGIS Desktop or ArcSDE for SQL
Server.

ESRI is currently working on a fix for this issue.

For the most up-to-date information on this issue, visit ESRI Support
<http://autobahn.esri.com/esri/etrack.aspx?DSN=b9ca57b2fbe8cb42458807853
387983f6a0f6be5ccdab113&FORMID=ac644d55f4ffaf383f1123d14a7cba24&INTID=ef
8c6de0c65cbb04eb6ebcbc07dd17b9&AUDID=a0824aee5f8fae2c984453d5f6ce1d31&DE
CODE=1&URL=http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=downloads.patchesService
Packs.viewPatch&PID=17&MetaID=1576> .

This issue is encountered after

*	Installing Service Pack 1 for ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 when direct
connections are used
*	Or installing Service Pack 1 for ArcSDE for SQL Server 9.3.1
when application server connections are used

This problem also impacts raster fields stored in SQL Server. If there
are raster fields in the feature class, that information will not be
accessible after applying ArcGIS 9.3.1 Service Pack 1.

If a direct connection from ArcGIS Desktop to an ArcSDE SQL Server
instance is being used, raster catalogs will not display if Service Pack
1 has been applied to ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1. If raster catalogs in ArcSDE
for SQL Server are accessed through a direct connection, do not install
the ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 until this issue is resolved.

When connecting to an ArcSDE for SQL Server application server, raster
catalogs will not display if Service Pack 1 has been applied to ArcSDE
for SQL Server. If raster catalogs in ArcSDE for SQL Server are accessed
from an application server connection, do not install the ArcSDE for SQL
Server 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 until this issue is resolved.