shrug-l: ArcGIS Server Training Classes

Mike Murphy mmurphy at roktech.net
Wed Jul 1 14:44:13 EDT 2009

Hello SHRUG members,

We've been doing a lot of customized ArcGIS Server classes lately based on
organizational projects. We've compiled a lot of what we've done into two
instructer led classes that we will be holding in our home turf in
Charleston, SC. I wanted to open them up to our FL friends also. These
classes will differ from ESRI instructor led classes in that they can focus
on specific project related issues or topics that you need to address when
you get back to the office and start programming. We'll also leave you with
a lot of source code that we have developed that should prove helpful.We'll
also provide you with developer support after the class when you need it
most.

The classes are being held in August at the College of Charleston (SC) GIS
Lab, August 17-20 (Two day classes back to back).

*Administering ArcGIS Server* training will cover all the steps you need to
get ArcGIS Server up and running in your organization. In addition, it will
go into some of the more advanced functionality ArcGIS Server has to offer
including building optimized map cache and publishing geoprocessing tools to
the web. Here is a link to the outline for Administering ArcGIS Server:
http://www.roktech.net/training/Administering.pdf

*Developing Applications for ArcGIS Server* training will give you the tools
and knowledge to start developing fast light weight mapping applications
that users are now expecting. ArcGIS Server 9.3 offers new APIs that allow
developers to get their data on the web in a quick, stylish, and developer
friendly interface. We will cover the JavaScript API, Flex API, and briefly
discuss the WebADF. On day two of this training, we will set aside time for
you to apply the skills you've learned to start creating or continue
developing applications for your organization. ROK developers will be there
to help you along the way. Here is the link to the outline for Developing
Applications for ArcGIS Server:
http://www.roktech.net/training/DevelopingApplications.pdf
For more information or to sign up for a class, please contact *
training at roktech.net*

We look forward to serving you in your success.

Michael F. Murphy
ROK Technologies, Inc
mmurphy at roktech.net
843-577-3192, Ext. 202