shrug-l: Windows 7 update

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Mon Jul 20 10:58:02 EDT 2009

Well it looks like Microsoft has set the final release date for Windows
7 to start shipping on new computers for Oct 22, 2009. They are already
taking pre-orders for those upgrading from Vista.

If you want to take it for a test drive before you upgrade, the Release
Candidate is still available until August 20th. You can download it from
Microsoft's website at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx.  We have had
fairly good luck with it running both AutoCAD and ESRI. We did have some
issues with Microstation. We think it was because it is an older
version.  The new IE 8 has also given us some fits with web apps.
Otherwise we have had good luck with our tests.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>