shrug-l: Humminbird sidescan and gps files

Bokey, Aparna Aparna.Bokey at dep.state.fl.us
Fri Jun 26 09:34:55 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
We recently purchased a Humminbird unit with sidescan, depth sounder, and gps
capabilities to use to map live bottom reefs in the Big Bend of Florida. All
of the data can be recorded on to sd cards and then downloaded on to a pc.
However, I'm having trouble incorporating the data into ArcMap, even after
changing some of the file formats. Do any of you have experience with this
system or other sidescan datasets? If so have you had luck importing it into
ArcMap? I've found a couple programs that can be used to view the images with
geospatial data but I'd like to be able to view the images as they occur
along the gps tracks. Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks!
Kelly

Kelly Kingon
PhD Student in Geography
Reef Fish Ecology Lab Technician
Coastal and Marine Laboratory
Florida State University
3618 Highway 98
St. Teresa, FL 32358
(850) 697-4113
kingon at bio.fsu.edu

The Department of Environmental

Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and

improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of

service you received. Copy the url below to a web browser to complete the DEP

survey: http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Aparna.Bokey@dep.state.fl.us Thank you in advance for completing the survey.