shrug-l: RE: SIDEWALK INVENTORY

Hotmail 2 lanceandre at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 13:37:02 EDT 2009

Condition is awful subjective...

You may want to consider adding to it a more objective values:
1. Tripping Hazard Height (which is a measure of the height difference from
one side of a crack/slab to another, or even an object within the sidewalk
[water value for example]).
2. A value for excessive slopes (especially at intersections...)
3. Sign & tree intrusions (very dangers for bikes that use the sidewalk)

These could possibly added as a point layer which is simply hazard type &
extent.

there are a number of items one should look at to meet handicap standards.

Thanks,

Lance H. André
eGPS Solutions, Inc.
Florida Sales & Support Technician