shrug-l: SHRUG GIS Workshop Nov 17-18, 2010

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Aug 3 13:43:19 EDT 2010

Just in case the attachment from Teayann did not come through.

Seven Hills Regional User Group for GIS (SHRUG)

Eighth GIS Workshop

"Getting the Most Out of GIS"

Florida State Turnbull Convention Center

Tallahassee, FL * November 17th-18th, 2010

Only 4 weeks left for Early Registration!

Early Registration for Workshop Attendance is available for $75.00 until
August 31st.  The Standard Rate of $100.00 begins on September 1st, and
the Late Rate of $125.00 will start on October 16th.  We will also be
offering the $50.00 Student Rate again this year (Limited to first 25
students, must have a valid student ID at the time of check in and be
enrolled for at least nine semester hours).   Payment forms include:
Checks, Money Orders, Purchase Orders, and Credit Cards (VISA, MC, and
AE).

Keynote - James Fee, GISP

James Fee, GISP will be the Keynote Speaker at the Eighth SHRUG GIS
Workshop in November!  James Fee is widely regarded as a leader in the
field of geospatial and web-based mapping technologies.  He has
developed an online GIS community, Planet Geospatial, is a regular
columnist for GeoInformatics magazine, and blogs about GIS at
www.spatiallyadjusted.com.

Call for Presentations and Posters!

HAVE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR PRESENTATION and/or POSTER ABSTRACT YET?
Presentations slots range from short individual sessions up to full
panel discussion blocks, and cover beginner to expert topics, from
government to private agencies.  This is a great way to share GIS
insights and applications in a relaxed, informal setting.  So go ahead
and submit your abstract or poster today!

Pre-Workshop Training Sessions - November 15-16th, and 19th

Are you looking for great training opportunities?  Well look no further,
we are pleased to offer the following training sessions this year:

*             Building Web Maps Using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript  (2
days)

*             ArcGIS Desktop I: Getting Started with GIS for ArcGIS 9.3
(2 days)

*             ArcGIS Desktop II: Tools & Functionality for ArcGIS 9.3 (3
days)

*             ArcGIS Server Basics: Installation, Services, & Tweaks  (2
days)

*             Using AutoCAD Data in ArcGIS  (2 days)

*             Demographic Analysis Using Census Data and Using Census
Data in GIS Mapping  (2 days)

All courses are limited in size (typically accommodate 12-14 students)
and subject to cancellation without minimum enrollment. So Register
Early!

Call for Workshop Sponsors and Exhibitors

Our Sponsors and Exhibitors help make the SHRUG Workshop possible every
year!  And if you have never been a sponsor before, this year is the
year to start. We have a lot of exciting changes for you starting with
reduced sponsorship rates: Platinum ($1500), Gold ($1000), Silver
($550), and Bronze ($250).   So, if your company would like to
participate by having a booth at this years' workshop, please see the
link above.

Thanks to our Current Sponsors!

Platinum: ESRI, Keck & Wood

Silver:  GIS Services Inc, Jones Edmonds, Spatial Engineering,
Navigation Electronics Inc, Kucera International Inc.

 Apply your SHRUG Workshop attendance toward GISP Certification!

By participating in the SHRUG Workshop you can gain valuable points
towards your GIS Professional (GISP) certification or re-certification.
More details are available at:
http://www.shrug-gis.info/workshop10/gisp.aspx

Please visit our SHRUG Workshop Website for the latest information
regarding SHRUG activities and other details about this year's event.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer