shrug-l: JSF/ASP Web ADFs

Keith Sandell Keith.Sandell at citizensfla.com
Tue Aug 24 12:39:04 EDT 2010

Hey Shruggers,

I just happened across an FAQ from the 2010 ESRI International User
Conference that may be of interest to some concerning the future of the
JSF/ASP Web ADFs.

Long story short...they're going away.

I think most of us probably saw the writing on the wall a while ago with
favor by many being shown to the APIs, but according to an ESRI staffer
as of v"10.1" the ADF will be deprecated.

Here is a link to the announcement:
http://events.esri.com/uc/QandA/index.cfm?fuseaction=answer&conferenceId
=2F6DC1A1-1422-2418-883C3868A9004888&questionId=3060

With how quickly we have been seeing releases you may want to sharpen up
your API skills sooner than later.

Keith Sandell, MBA

GIS Analyst

Corporate Analytics

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

2101 Maryland Circle

Tallahassee, Florida 32303

(850) 521-8341

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon