shrug-l: arcpy.ImportToolbox

Keith Sandell Keith.Sandell at citizensfla.com
Tue Dec 14 09:28:01 EST 2010

Hey Shruggers,

Has anyone had a problem with the ImportToolbox module?

I'm trying to import a custom toolbox into a script, but it's not
working.

#####

import arcpy

arcpy.ImportToolbox(\\\\servername\\someDirectory\\someOtherDirectory\\T
oolbox.tbx
<file:///\\\servername\someDirectory\someOtherDirectory\Toolbox.tbx> )

#####

I keep getting an error message: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No
module named collections

I can't find anything in the docs about this error message, nor any
posts in the ESRI forums.

I've tried it on three (3) different custom toolboxes and even on some
the of the system toolboxes in the install directory...same thing each
time.

I've also tried fully qualified UNC pathnames, local directory paths as
parameters.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Keith Sandell, MBA

GIS Analyst

Corporate Analytics

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

2101 Maryland Circle

Tallahassee, Florida 32303

(850) 521-8341

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon