shrug-l: Congratulations to the new Board and thank you

Tricia McClenahan McClenahanT at leoncountyfl.gov
Tue Feb 2 10:40:54 EST 2010

Greetings SHRUG members,

We have some exciting news to share with you – we have new officers on the board of directors!  In accordance with SHRUG by-laws, officers on the board serve two year terms.  The board considered a slate of officers for 2010-2012, presented the slate to the active SHRUG members, and voted for approval on the proposed slate of officers on January 26th, 2010 at the SHRUGinar.

Please join me in welcoming and congratulating our new officers!  The board of directors for 2010-2012 consists of:

President:                    Scott Weisman, TLCGIS
Vice President:           Bill Alfred GISP
Treasurer:                   Janis Paulsen, FDEP
Secretary:                   Mike Kissane, City of Tallahassee
Incorporator:               Janelle Brown, FDOT
Registered Agent:      Brandon Tolle, Navigation Electronics (NEI)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that served on the previous board; Bill Alfred, Janis Paulsen, Lee Hartsfield, Scott Weisman and Chris Duclos.  I would also be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge Janis Paulsen’s tireless work as our Treasurer.  It can be a thankless job at times, but we are better off for her participation!

Due to the economic situation the last two years and tightening workforce budgets, we were forced to suspend the yearly SHRUG workshop for 2009.  Despite these challenges, membership and participation remains strong today.  I have every confidence that our new Board, with your support, will find ways to tackle any future challenges head on.

Thank you for the opportunity to have been your SHRUG President the last two years. I look forward to seeing everyone at the next SHRUG event!

Sincerely,
Tricia McClenahan